Perfect For: ✓ Groups ✓ Solo Travellers
An exclusive 5- star hotel located in the heart of Costa del Sol, and only 11 km from the centre of Marbella.
Surrounded by 40,000 sq metres of mature tropical gardens – and on the best Marbella Beach – you will discover all the exclusive services and facilities that Don Carlos Resort, your exclusive hotel in Marbella, has made ready for you. It offers 4 swimming pools, 5 restaurants and bars, a spa, children’s club in the hotel, Beach Club, Nikki Beach, Tennis & Sports Club… and everything you could possibly imagine for a perfect stay in Marbella.
The glamour of Marbella is crystallised within the services and facilities offered by the 5* Don Carlos Leisure Resort & Spa. With 4 restaurants and 2 bars serving local and international cuisine of the highest standard – all tastes are catered for. From a relaxing round of golf, to fun on the 9 championship standard tennis courts; from luxuriant Spa treatments, to exhilarating water sports on one of the best beaches on the coast; from poolside sunbathing to night time revelry; whatever your desire, the Don Carlos Leisure Resort & Spa has the solution.
- Outdoor pools, Garden, Terrace
- Tennis court, Golf course (within 3 km), Fitness centre, Spa and wellness centre, Massage, Hammam, Children’s playground
- Bar, Breakfast in the room, Restaurant (à la carte)
- WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
- Room service, Car hire, 24-hour front desk, Currency exchange, Tour desk, Luggage storage, Babysitting/child services, Laundry, Dry cleaning, Ironing service, Meeting/banquet facilities, Business centre, Fax/photocopying, Barber/beauty shop, Gift shop
- Newspapers, Safety deposit box, Shops (on site), Non-smoking rooms, Family rooms, Lift, Heating, Non-smoking throughout
Whether you choose a Room or a Suite, you will certainly enjoy the fantastic service provided by the Don Carlos team. From a succulent breakfast buffet at Bahia to a dinner in select surroundings at Ombú, our restaurants are well known for first class quality service and cuisine. The tropical vegetation and the relaxing sound of the waterfalls in the swimming pool provide a spectacular setting, overlooking the sea. The Don Carlos Beach Club is one of the best on the whole Mediterranean, located right between a long sandy beach and lush sub-tropical gardens, it has a spectacular one thousand square meter sweet water swimming pool with a unique design.
Choose from four distinct restaurants at Don Carlos Resort: The Beach Club sits on the sea shore surrounded by exotic vegetation and serving a fine selection of seafood Á la carte or buffet; the refreshing Restaurante Sol y Sombra is located adjacent to the main swimming pool of the Resort; it offers breakfast, lunch, and supper with impressive views of the hotel’s tropical gardens; Restaurante Bahía has a relaxed and tranquil atmosphere where you can enjoy a variety of Andalucian dishes made from exquisite local ingredients. The distinctive Ombú serves up mouthwatering Thai cuisine set within the tropical gardens of the hotel. This is a great favourite with a number of our guests.
To conclude the day, there’s nothing better than La Terrasse where you can relax back and watch the sunset whilst enjoying a cocktail or two, or head into the The local town of Elveria which is a short walk from the hotel and has many bars and restaurants.
During your stay with us, we run a minimum of 20 hours tennis for each holiday. Coaching groups are run with a maximum ratio of 8 people to 1 coach and there will never be more than 4 people to one court.
Our Tennis Programmes are run by fully licensed LTA coaches and cater for all ages and abilities; from beginners and social players, through to club, county and performance players. We offer a full and varied tennis and additional activities programme tailored to each resort which will help to develop your game in a fun but educational environment.
- Tennis Coaching: five morning coaching sessions covering the main shots such as forehands, backhands, net play, serves/returns. In addition, our detailed sessions include technical, tactical, physical and mental aspects of the game. Our Pros are on hand to give tips and techniques to improve the technical side of your game – learn some key tactics to up your doubles game, and we will show you how to master those tricky opponents by building more variety and consistency into your game.
- Cardio tennis: heart pumping, fast paced tennis drills to music – to help your burn up to 800 calories an hour! This high energy session is great fun and will see you bouncing around the court hitting lots of balls.
- A tennis masterclass exploring areas such as tactics, ‘doubles positioning’, shot selection and your chance to pick the brains of our coaches.
- Match play – similar to a club session format, organised by our coaching team. We always plan and organise your matchplay sessions so you can experience play with a variety of people who will stretch your game, and above all let you have some good competitive fun on court.
- Daily 30 minute ‘Blast clinics’ that focus on a particular shot of the day. Master the intricacies of particular shots to add to your game armory. Stop volleys, cross court volleys or top spin lob – these 30 minute daily sessions will bring that added dimension to your game.
- Video Analysis – available on request for those who want to get a bit more technical and take their game that step further
- Team tennis tournament (2 hours) – We always end our hosted weeks with an organized fun doubles tournament to really put your new skills to the test in the ultimate competitive game situation. Prizes and the coveted Sport:Away trophies are given at the end of week at the Awards Ceremony and Exhibition.
- Pro exhibition match followed by end of week presentation/awards.
- Social Programme – We organise a full yet very relaxed social programme in the evenings so you can join in with as much or as little as you like. From Cocktails on the terraces with the Coaches to Quiz nights, live music and bands, Karaoke, Disco and our famed White Party theme night. Sampling the best local cuisine or nightlife is always something we know inside out. We can also arrange restaurant reservations and recommend the place to go for the best Mojitos in town.
We can organize your whole package for you, including flights, however we have found that our clients often like to book and organise their own flight times. Flights are NOT included in the cost and we do advise you to book early and take advantage of some of the great discounts for early bird bookings.
Sport:Away tip: Sign up to TripAdvisor Air Watch to track your flight prices and get alerts when the prices start to fall.