Perfect For: ✓ Groups ✓ Solo travellers ✓ Families
Situated between the charming fishing villages of Carvoeiro and Ferragudo, on the golden Algarve coast, the Agua Hotels Vale da Lapa is a magnificent 5-star resort hotel that provides a wonderful base for a Portuguese escape. This sumptuous property enjoys a prime location within easy reach of Carvoeiro and Caneiros beaches, which are widely regarded as two of the most beautiful in the Algarve. In the vicinity of the resort you’ll find plenty of fun activities to try out including seven golf courses within a ten minute radius and horse riding, whilst the Carvoeiro Tennis Club is next door and home to 12 courts.
Amid extensive landscaped gardens, this 5-star all year round resort offers luxurious villas with private pools and is suitable for families, couples and groups of friends. The resort also has indoor and outdoor pools and excellent spa facilites. The apartments are situated in 2-storey duplex villas that feature modern and stylish decor. Each unit has a large living room and bedrooms with a high ceiling and balcony and a full kitchen.
Hotel facilities include a lovely outdoor swimming pool, surrounded by a spacious sun terrace furnished with ample sun loungers and parasols that provide the ideal place to soak up the rays. If the beach is more your scene then you’ll be please to know there is a free shuttle bus that runs to the beach between 15th June – 15th September. Guests who like to keep active will find plenty to do onsite including a nine-hole putting green, a running track, two paddle tennis courts, and a multipurpose astro-turf pitch. There is also free Wifi is available in all common areas i.e. bars and restaurants. Furthermore all rooms have internet access by cable.
If you want something a little less energetic in mind however, the hotel provides accordingly with the lavish Agua Viva Spa. The spa centre features a wealth of relaxing treatments, services and facilities including a sauna, Turkish bath, indoor swimming pool, body and facial treatments, oriental therapies, Vichy showers, various revitalising massages and much more!
Children are also well provided for at the hotel with their own swimming pool, a games room, a kid’s park and a seasonal kid’s club featuring plenty of fun games, activities and entertainment.
Vale Da Lapa Hotel has a private entrance to the neighbouring carveoiro tennis club and several golf courses can be found in its vicinity. Caneiros and Carvoeiro beaches are less than 5 km away.
Accommodation consists of 85 suites and villas for two, four or six guests, all of which are spacious, well-appointed and tastefully furnished. Lush gardens, lakes and creeks surround the accommodation, creating a truly tranquil environment, perfect for a relaxing getaway.
Suites feature an open-plan living/dining room that leads out onto a balcony and a modern, fully equipped kitchen with granite worktops, electric oven and hob, washer/dryer, dishwasher, microwave and integrated fridge freezer. The master bedroom features a vaulted ceiling and includes a walk-in dressing area, en-suite bathroom complete with bidet, separate shower, bath and under-floor heating, plus a terrace with views of the sea or rolling Monchique Hill. The second bedroom also features a balcony, under-floor heating and an en suite bathroom.
Three-bed villas feature a spacious split-level dining room and lounge, which lead out to a terrace area and a private swimming pool. The luxurious fitted kitchens feature by black granite worktops, and fully equipped kitchen with electric oven, hob, dishwasher, microwave and American-style fridge freezer. The kitchen leads to a separate utility/laundry room equipped with washing machine, tumble dryer, sink, storage cupboards and access to private sheltered parking. On the ground floor there are two en suite bedrooms that enjoy access to the pool, garden and terrace areas. The sumptuous master bedroom is located on the first floor and features a walk-in dressing room and en-suite bathroom fully equipped with under-floor heating, large separate shower, bath, twin sinks, bidet and toilet. The bedroom opens onto two terraces; a large private balcony and a further roof terrace that enjoys panoramic views of the sea and lead down to the pool.
The exquisite onsite restaurant serves both regional delicacies and varied international classics. The restaurant features an elegant adjacent bar. There is also a poolside bar where you can grab a bite to eat or unwind with an expertly made cocktail in the sunshine.
Free use of the Health Club by Agua Viva Spa including Sauna, Steam Room and outdoor Jacuzzi
Breakfast: 7:30 – 10:00 (Buffet)
Lunch: 12:30 – 14:30
Ice Creams: 16:30 – 17:30
Dinner: 19:30 – 22:00
Open Bar: 12:00 – 24:00. Includes white and red wine from aguahotels selection, draft beer, cocktail of the day, soda, water, and spirits from aguahotels selection.
The tennis club is arrived at through a private entrance and is the stunning carvoeiro club de tennis with 12 courts, 2 different surfaces; us open style acrylic and synthetic grass with a beautiful swimming pool, gym, sports shop and restaurant/bar. Join in with the active social tennis programme in the afternoons and evenings. Feel free to stay for a drink or a bite to eat afterwards.
You will be in the perfect place to take your tennis to the next level, and just a few minutes drive
away is the town of Carvoerio with its many restaurants and bars, and also the beautiful unspoilt
fishing village of Ferragudo is on the doorstep. Both are fantastic places to spend an
evening or afternoon ambling around the shops and cafe’s.
During your stay with us, we run a minimum of 20 hours tennis for each holiday. Coaching groups are run with a maximum ratio of 8 people to 1 coach and there will never be more than 4 people to one court.
Our Tennis Programmes are run by fully licensed LTA coaches and cater for all ages and abilities; from beginners and social players, through to club, county and performance players. We offer a full and varied tennis and additional activities programme tailored to each resort which will help to develop your game in a fun but educational environment.
- Tennis Coaching: five morning coaching sessions covering the main shots such as forehands, backhands, net play, serves/returns. In addition, our detailed sessions include technical, tactical, physical and mental aspects of the game. Our Pros are on hand to give tips and techniques to improve the technical side of your game – learn some key tactics to up your doubles game, and we will show you how to master those tricky opponents by building more variety and consistency into your game.
- Cardio tennis: heart pumping, fast paced tennis drills to music – to help your burn up to 800 calories an hour! This high energy session is great fun and will see you bouncing around the court hitting lots of balls.
- A tennis masterclass exploring areas such as tactics, ‘doubles positioning’, shot selection and your chance to pick the brains of our coaches.
- Match play – similar to a club session format, organised by our coaching team. We always plan and organise your matchplay sessions so you can experience play with a variety of people who will stretch your game, and above all let you have some good competitive fun on court.
- Daily 30 minute ‘Blast clinics’ that focus on a particular shot of the day. Master the intricacies of particular shots to add to your game armory. Stop volleys, cross court volleys or top spin lob – these 30 minute daily sessions will bring that added dimension to your game.
- Video Analysis – available on request for those who want to get a bit more technical and take their game that step further
- Team tennis tournament (2 hours) – We always end our hosted weeks with an organized fun doubles tournament to really put your new skills to the test in the ultimate competitive game situation. Prizes and the coveted Sport:Away trophies are given at the end of week at the Awards Ceremony and Exhibition.
- Pro exhibition match followed by end of week presentation/awards.
- Social Programme – We organise a full yet very relaxed social programme in the evenings so you can join in with as much or as little as you like. From Cocktails on the terraces with the Coaches to Quiz nights, live music and bands, Karaoke, Disco and our famed White Party theme night. Sampling the best local cuisine or nightlife is always something we know inside out. We can also arrange restaurant reservations and recommend the place to go for the best Mojitos in town.
We can organize your whole package for you, including flights, however we have found that our clients often like to book and organise their own flight times. Flights are NOT included in the cost and we do advise you to book early and take advantage of some of the great discounts for early bird bookings.
Flying time from London to Faro is 2hrs 30 mins with a transfer time of 60 mins which is included in your booking
Sport:Away tip: Sign up to TripAdvisor Air Watch to track your flight prices and get alerts when the prices start to fall.